This logbook has been prepared according to the latest Competency Based Undergraduate Curriculum for the Indian Medical Graduate Prescribed by Medical Council of India. As per this new curriculum, the Professor and Head, Department of Physiology needs to certify 13 procedures in clinical physiology for each and every Phase I MBBS student at the end of the session to ensure that he/she is fully competent to perform these procedures independently.
Salient features of the book :
- A first-of-its-kind book that will ensure the qualitative as well as quantitative assessment of every student in all the 13 clinical physiology procedures that have been specified in the new curriculum.
- It will prove beneficial to both students as well as teachers as it will substantially reduce the subjective variation in assessment,thus ensuring uniform assessment for certification purpose as per a standardised format.
- Contains a step-by-step sequential checklist to be followed for each procedure,which is based on the objective structured clinical examination (OSCE) pattern.
- Contains an assessment card for each procedure to facilitate holistic student evaluation with respect to his/her cognitive,behavioural as well as communicative (AETCOM) skill domains.
- Contains sample proformas at the end that will enable the students to record and report their findings as per a standardised format. The format of these proformas is based on the clinical methodology given in clinical medicine textbooks of international repute.
|Publishers||CBS Publishers & Distributors|
|Author||Jyoti Sethi | Sharat Gupta|
|Size||23×36/8 (trimmed 216×280mm)|
|About the Author||
Jyoti Sethi MBBS, MD is currently Professor and Head, Department of Physiology, Kalpana Chawla Government Medical College, Karnal, Haryana. She graduated from Pt. JNM Medical College, Raipur (Chhattisgarh) and completed her postgraduation from Department of Physiology, PGIMS, Rohtak, in 2002. She joined PGIMS,Rohtak,as faculty soon after and worked there in various capacities till 2016.She is also the founder secretary of the Association of Physiologists of Haryana.She has to her credit around 40 papers published in indexed national and international journals.She has almost 17 years of teaching experience for various streams like MD (Physiology),MBBS,BDS,BPT,BSc Nursing,etc.She was awarded “Letter of Appreciation”for her teaching efforts. She is also actively involved in research work and is among the peer review panel of various reputed journals.
Sharat Gupta MBBS, MD is currently Associate Professor, Department of Physiology, Kalpana Chawla Government Medical College,Karnal,Haryana.He graduated from Government Medical College,Amritsar, Punjab,and completed his postgraduation from Department of Physiology, Government Medical College, Patiala, Punjab, in 2009. He has been conferred with the highly coveted “Lung India 2011 Award—Outstanding Original Article” by Indian Chest Society for his research work on spirometry in traffic policemen.He has published 14 research articles in reputed pubmed indexed international and national journals. He is actively involved in teaching undergraduate medical students for the last 10 years and is also the incharge of neurophysiology laboratory of the institute.He is the life member of Association of Physiologists and Pharmacologists of India and is among the peer reviewer panel of various indexed national and international journals.