This book is a most comprehensive and up-to-date covering all aspects of health care of both healthy as well as+ sick children. The book has been revised, updated and most chapters have been rewritten. Additional chapters have been written to highlight organization of a neonatal intensive care unit,immunity and allergy,mosquito-borne diseases, musculoskeletal disorders and integrated management of neonatal and childhood illnesses (IMNCIs). In view of the importance of health preventive and promotive services for welfare of children, a new chapter on Preventive Pediatrics has been included.
- The book covers all the important aspects of child health in accordance with the GNM syllabus as recommended by the Nursing Council of India.
- The book has been written in a simple,easy-to-understand and lucid language.
- The nursing process and effective communication as the key for successful nursing of sick children have been highlighted in detail.
- The core child health issues like growth and development, balanced nutrition, breastfeeding, fluids and electrolytes,vaccine-preventable diseases and immunizations have been covered in detail.
- The common diseases of children, developmental disorders, poisonings, accidents and animal bites have been covered comprehensively.
- The attributes of a pediatric nurse, safe administration of medications, supportive care, nursing procedures, housekeeping routines and rituals have been discussed in detail.
- A large number of tables, diagrams and photographs, algorithms, flow charts, practical tips and nursing alerts have been included to improve the understanding and clarity of practical information.
- The community and social aspects of child health, and national child welfare programs have been accorded special coverage.
- The book is likely to fulfill the felt need of basic nursing students of general nursing and midwifery and graduate students of pediatric nursing.
|Publishers||CBS Publishers & Distributors|
|About the Author||
Meharban Singh is the former Professor and Head, Department of Pediatrics, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. He is one of the most eminent Pediatricians and Neonatologists of India. He is an outstanding writer and a medical teacher par excellence. He has served as a WHO Consultant and MCH Advisor to several countries and Director, Indira Gandhi Institute of Child Health, Kabul, Afghanistan. He has been conducting regular teaching sessions for students of general nursing and midwifery, graduate and postgraduate nursing students and provided in-service training to qualified nurses for over three decades. He has authored ten textbooks of pediatrics and its subspecialties, which are eminently readable and extremely popular in India and South-East Asia Region. He has been conferred the Fellowships of a large number of Academic Bodies and has delivered over 35 prestigious Endowment Lectures and Orations. He is the past Secretary and President of National Neonatology Forum of India and former President of the Indian Academy of Pediatrics.