- This book endeavors to convey knowledge of the time-old principles of biochemistry supplemented with the modern developments in a simple, precise and lucid manner.
- The whole subject has been written as per the syllabus of INC, has been divided into 19 chapters, including a chapter on sample collection and reference values.
- The content has been thoroughly updated so as to give a recent concept of subject to the nursing students, including the significance of biochemistry in this field.
- The chapters are well illustrated with easy-to-reproduce figures and tables. Keeping in mind the fact that the entire syllabus of biochemistry has to be covered in just 30 lectures, only the most essential chemical structures have been elucidated.
- Clinical correlation boxes have been added at various places in the text to help the students in understanding the clinical relevance of the subject.
- Important terms have been highlighted in all the chapters.
|Publishers||CBS Publishers & Distributors|
|About the Author||
Harbans Lal Phd, FIAO, FACBI, FSOBSI is Senior Professor and Head, Department of Biochemistry, Maharaja Agrasen Medical College, Agroha, Hisar and Ex-Senior Professor, Department of Biochemistry, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak, Haryana. He has nearly 42 years of experience of teaching biochemistry of various classes including MD, MSc, MBBS, BDS, BSc, MLT and BSc Nursing. Besides teaching, he has supervised nearly 75 PhD and MD theses, written Seven Books, and published about 150 research papers in various International and National journals of repute.
Prof Harbans Lal is also Associate Editor, Journal of Biochemistry Letters, and reviewer of several International and National Journals of Biochemistry. He was a visiting Faculty at Louisiana State University Medical Centre, New Orleans, USA and Department of Biosciences, MD University, Rohtak. He is recipient of several International and National awards; Fellowships of World Health Organization, Association of Clinical Biochemists of India and Society of Biological Scientists of India; Seth GS Medical College and KEM Hospital Oration Award; and Best Teacher Award for excellence in teaching at PGIMS, Rohtak.