For over four decades Ghai Essential Pediatrics has been the subcontinent’s most trusted resource for undergraduate and postgraduate teaching in pediatrics. With contributions from more than 40 experts, the ninth edition is thoroughly updated and revised to ensure that the reader has access to latest information on diagnoses and therapies.Unique features of this edition
- Emphasis on recognition and management of common pediatric conditions
- Liberal use of algorithms and tables emphasizing differential diagnosis, and integrating strategies for evaluation and management
- Updated guidelines on diagnosis and management of hypertension, tuberculosis and other infections,and diabetes mellitus
- Extensively revised chapters on nutrition, growth, adolescent health, immunization, infections, gastrointestinal system,malignancies,and inborn errors of metabolism
- Fresh perspectives from new contributing authors on disorders of development, central nervous system,otorhinolaryngology,micronutrients,poisonings and IMNCI
- Easy to locate key content through unique color design
- References to relevant websites and updated resources for suggested reading
- Free access to dedicated App that provides resource of related clinical photographs, radiographs, tables and algorithms to enhance student-learning and support class-teaching
|Publishers||CBS Publishers & Distributors|
|Author||Vinod K Paul | Arvind Bagga|
|Size||23×36/8 (trimmed 216×280mm)|
|About the Author||
Vinod K Paul - MD,PhD,FAMS,FNASc,FASc,FNA is Professor, Department of Pediatrics, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi.He is currently a member of the NITI Aayog, the National Institution for Transforming India,Government of India, where he anchors the health and nutrition sectors. He is an internationally recognized neonatologist, researcher, public health exponent and teacher, with pivotal contributions to national health programs of the country. He is a fellow of National Academy of Medical Sciences and the three national science academies; and recipient of Dr BR Ambedkar Centenary Award for Excellence in Biomedical Research and Public Health Champion award.He has been conferred the prestigious Ihsan Dogramaci Family Health Foundation Prize (2018) by the World Health Organization for global contribution to the field of family health.
Arvind Bagga- MD,FIAP, FISN,FAMS is Professor, Department of Pediatrics, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. He is internationally recognized for his contribution to clinical care, translational research and education in pediatrics, especially pediatric nephrology. He has been a councilor of the International Pediatric Nephrology Association, and is currently editor of Cochrane Kidney and Transplant group and Asian Journal of Pediatric Nephrology. He is a fellow of the National Academy of Medical Sciences, Indian Society of Nephrology and the Indian Academy of Pediatrics.
- Valuable book Review by Hamid