The material given in voluminous textbooks is difficult to comprehend and digest in a shorter time span, especially when the primary aim of most of the students is to prepare for the professional examination. This mannual is written on the premise that the metamorphosis of the students needs to be guided slowly and steadily so that their process of learning is less stressful, more pleasant and fully productive.
The highlights of the mannual are:
- Simple presentation
- Tables, flowcharts and feedback circuits given in almost every chapter.
- Illustrations made very simple.
- Emphasis laid on understanding the concepts.
- A new chapter on General Physiology added.
- Calculations explained with the help of representative values for easier and better understanding.
- Applied aspects that are more common presented at all relevant areas.
- Systems like endocrinology, CNS, CVS and renal physiology dealt in detail with emphasis on pathophysiology.
|Publishers||CBS Publishers & Distributors|
|Author||CN Chandra Shekar|
|About the Author||
CN Chandra Shekar PhD worked at various positions in Kasturba Medical College, Manipal from 1983 to 2005. From 2005 to 2009 he worked as Course Director of Physiology and Neurosciences at KMC International Center, Manipal (international twinning program campus in India with American University of Antigua College of Medicine, Antigua). From 2009 to 2014 he worked as Professor of Physiology and Neurosciences at American University of Antigua College of Medicine, Antigua (Caribbean Islands), where the teaching is geared to train the students to American system of learning and evaluation that is more clinical-oriented so that they are able to pass in USMLE step examinations that are mandatory for continuation of medical education and to obtain licensure to practice medicine in North American continent. He is also the author of Manipal Manual of Physiology Published by CBSP&D. Dr Chandra Shekar has been adjudged as one of the finest teachers by the students’ community both in Manipal and Antigua.