This manual is aimed to serve as a quick and easy reference book for students, clinicians and rheumatologists. It is authored by clinicians and rheumatologists representing each and every corner of India. Using a simple language, it focuses on the clinical aspects of rheumatological diseases.
This edition is thoroughly revised and updated, and has several new contents:
- The new content includes chapter on basics such as musculoskeletal examination, approach to a patient with suspected connective tissue disease, and joint injections
- The section on osteoporosis has new chapters on glucocorticoid-induced osteoporosis, and DEXA scan interpretation
- Keeping up with the advances in diagnosis and treatment aspects in rheumatology, there is a new chapter on ultrasonography in rheumatology, MRI in rheumatology, small molecules, and stem cell transplant in autoimmune rheumatic disease
- The section on vasculitis has been greatly expanded and many diseases discussed in separate chapters. Keeping up with the trend on early diagnosis, a chapter on prerheumatoid arthritis has been introduced
- Orphan diseases such as relapsing polychondritis and adult onset Still’s disease are also covered in this new edition of the Manual.
|Publishers||CBS Publishers & Distributors|
|About the Author||
Dr (Lt General ) Ved Chaturvedi MD, DM is Professor and Senior Consultant in Rheumatology, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi. After finishing his DM from Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow, he was entrusted to modernise Department of Rheumatology, Army Research and Referral Hospital, Delhi. He started medical arthroscopy and made a modern immunology laboratory in 2000. He was first to use biologics for rheumatic diseases in 2002 and is known for his concept of low dose Infliximab as a strategy to prevent tuberculosis and as a cost saving measure during anti-TNF therapy. He established first MSK ultrasound in the country in 2004 and conducted first MSK ultrasound workshop in IRACON, Chennai. He worked hard to start DNB program in rheumatology in the country. He has served Indian Rheumatology Association (IRA) for many years and was elected its President. His oratory and teaching skills are well known amongst the students. He served the Indian Army for four decades and reached the top-most position. He has also served as physician to the President of India and was awarded highest peace time award Param Vishist Sewa Medal (PVSM) by the President of India.