Highlights of the book
- It includes all aspects of gross pathology, beginning with the collection of the specimen in the laboratory, progressing through fixation, gross examination, grossing techniques, differential diagnosis and finally mounting of the specimens in the museum.
- Apart from the basics of grossing, a strategic approach to specimen processing and diagnosis through each organ system is illustrated.
- An important aspect of the book is numerous high resolution color photographs of the pathological specimens and schematic diagrams to illustrate the normal anatomy, grossing techniques and salient gross features which are frequently asked in the practical examinations.
- Photomicrographs of important specimens are also incorporated so as to give a wholesome picture of the subject, especially for the benefit of the postgaduate students/residents.
- This book is unique for three reasons. First, it is based on gross pathology—a very crucial aspect of histopathology. Second, it provides an accurate and quick description of surgical and autopsy specimens that is easy for students to understand. Third, it offers differential diagnosis of important specimens commonly asked in examinations.
|Publishers||CBS Publishers & Distributors|
|Author||Tyagi, Ila/Das, Abhijit|
|About the Author||
Ila Tyagi MBBS, DNB is Associate Professor, Department of Pathology, North Delhi Municipal Corporation Medical College (NDMCMC) and Hindu Rao Hospital (HRH), Delhi. She is recipient of Dr Ramalingaswami Award for the best paper presentation at IAPM and has to her credit many publications in indexed journals of national and international repute. She has presented papers at various national and international conferences. She has setup pathology museum at NDMCMC and made museum catalogue for undergraduates. She had a major role in organizing for the first time “MCI Basic Course Workshop in Medical Education Technologies for Medical Teachers” training programme at NDMCMC. She took up the lead in initiating clinicopathological meets in NDMC medical college. Her fields of interest are gastrointestinal and renal pathology.
Abhijit Das MBBS, MD is senior resident, Department of Pathology, NDMCMC, Delhi. He completed his postgraduation from All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. He is coauthor of Essentials of Practical Pathology for Undergraduates, and has drawn schematic diagrams for the forthcoming Textbook of Pathology by Dr Vinay Kamal. He has published many articles both in national and international journals and been awarded for paper presentation in various conferences. His work has been appreciated by eminent faculty members across the country.