Modern System of Ophthalmology (MSO) is a series of multiple volumes, planned with a very specific aim to cater to the needs of residents in ophthalmology. Volume editors of this series make a team of like-minded and devoted teachers from different subspecialties.
Theory and Practice of Squint and Orthoptics in its third edition, has been thoroughly updated and comprises basic text which describes the fundamental principles of squint and orthoptics. It includes complete and upto- date material arranged in a simple and lucid style. It has been written primarily keeping in mind the requirements of the residents in ophthalmology and students of orthoptics and optometry. It will also act as a useful handy guide on strabismus for the practising ophthalmologists, optometrists and orthopticians.
- Simplified, well elucidated and profusely illustrated text.
- Text and figures are presented in a four-coloured attractive format.
- Chapter on “Evaluation of a Case of Strabismus and Orthoptic Instruments” has been discussed at length including computer-based diagnostic and therapeutic orthoptics.
- Chapter on “Principles of Non-Surgical and Surgical Management of Strabismus” has been elaborated.
- Operative steps of various surgical techniques have been illucidated in a self-explanatory manner.
- Chapter on nystagmus has been updated as per modified classification of eye movement abnormalities and strabismus (CEMAS).
- Incomitant strabismus classified in a more logical manner with incorporation of terminologies like congenital cranial dysinnervation disorders (CCDDs).
|Publishers||CBS Publishers & Distributors|
|Size||28×40/16 (trimmed 173×240mm)|
|About the Author||
AK Khurana,Chief Editor of MSO Series, is currently Senior Professor, and Head, Squint and Oculoplasty Unit, Regional Institute of Ophthalmology,PGIMS, Rohtak. In addition to this book,he has written many popular books which have been well received by the medical students. Dr Khurana has published more than 160 scientific papers in national and internationaljournals of repute. He has also contributed several chapters for four postgraduate reference books published in India and abroad. He has also been Editor of Haryana Journal of Ophthalmology, North Zone Journal of Ophthalmology, and Indian Journal of Strabismus and Pediatric Ophthalmology (IJSPO).He is WHO Fellow from Moorfields Eye Hospital, London, and did Certificate course in Tropical Ophthalmology(CTO) from Institute of Ophthalmology, University of London, UK. He has been honored with Distinguished Author Award by the Federation of Educational Publishers of India, and Excellence Awards by HOS, NZOS, and SPOSI; Fellowship of All India Collegiums of Ophthalmologists (FAICO), and Gold Medal by Intraocular Implant and Refractive Society of India (IIRSI).