- Extensive coverage of topics related to optical fiber communications.
- Useful for GATE, NET/SLET, UGC–CSIR and other entrance and competitive examinations.
- Appendices with the list of abbreviations, physical constants, standard international units, Bessel's functions, and some useful mathematical relations, etc. are given for quick reference.
- Special emphasis on optical sources—LASER and LED.
- Simple language and lucid style of presentation.
- Supplemented with elaborate illustrations, worked out problems, summary, review questions for self-evaluation, short-answer questions and multiple choice questions with answers
|Publishers||CBS Publishers & Distributors|
|Author||Kakani, SL | Kakani, Shubhra|
|Size||28×40/16 (trimmed 173×240mm)|
|About the Author||
SL Kakani MSc (Physics), PhD is ex-Executive Director, Institute of Technology and Management (ITM), Bhilwara, Rajasthan. He is an internationally renowned physicist and has a distinguished career spanning over four decades of teaching, research and administration. He has written a large number of research papers in the field of superconductivity, condensed matter, nanomaterials, carbon nanotubes and materials science published in international journals of repute. He is author of several standard works. He served as chairman of research board and board of studies, Maharshi Dayanand Saraswati University, Ajmer, Rajasthan. He is a visiting professor at several prestigious institutions and received several prestigious national and international awards and honours for his outstanding academic achievements and contributions.
Shubhra Kakani MSc (Physics), PhD is currently pursuing post-doctoral research. She has published several research papers on superconductivity, nanoscience, etc. in international journals of repute and coauthored more than 15 books published by national and international publishers.