This is the thoroughly revised and updated edition of the book which presents the information on the subject of pathology in a student-friendly manner. The book has been written in a simple and lucid style and includes illustrations for the benefit of both the intelligent as well as the ordinary students studying pathology in various fields of medical sciences including MBBS, dental, AYUSH courses, and medical laboratory technology.
Salient features of the book
- The text of the book is divided into five sections: •Haematology, •Clinical Pathology and Basic of Cytology, General Pathology and Systemic Pathology, Histopathology Techniques and • Cytology Techniques.
- Different exercises are covered in each part.
- The text emphasizes on practical skills.
- It is also useful for the students in preparation of examination to answer long-answers, short-essays and short answers and to face viva-voce as quick review in pathology.
- After main five sections, at the end are given “Similes in Pathology”, “Know your Scientists” and “Pearls to Remember” covering various topics which will help the students in their preparation for the competitive examination in medical sciences.
- The book is designed with illustrations of gross and microscopic pictures with original as well as schematic diagrams.
|Publishers||CBS Publishers & Distributors|
|Author||Ganga S Pilli|
|Binding||28×40/16 (trimmed 173mm×240mm)|
|Size||28×40/16 (trimmed 173mm×240mm)|
|About the Author||
Ganga S Pilli MBBS, MD, is currently Professor, Department of Pathology, Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College (KLE Academy of Higher Education and Research) Belagavi, Karnataka. She has a long teaching experience of 34 years to undergraduate students and 25 years to postgraduate students.
She has been instrumental in starting CPCs to undergraduate students, CME in transfusion medicine and continuing CME and PG courses in pathology. She has published papers in national and international journals. She has undergone training in oncopathology at Cancer Centre, Indiana, USA; fellowship in cytology from IAC in neuropathology at NIMHANS; and basics in molecular biology techniques at NIRRH, Mumbai. She is actively involved in research, academics and extracurricular activities. She is highly motivated and enthusiastic personally and is loved by her students due to her inspiring and positive attitude.