Photonics Optoelectronics has been designed to provide a comprehensive and in-depth coverage of all important aspects of photonics optoelectronics. It deals with the essentials of photonics and incorporates the basic principles and mathematics involved in the subject. The book, comprising 16 chapters and an appendix on ‘optical switches’, is written in a lucid and cogent style to help the readers grasp the information quickly and easily. Figures, tables and examples have been liberally added to explain the concepts clearly. It is especially designed to fulfill the requirements of MTech, BTech, MSc and BSc (Hons) electronics students of all Indian and foreign universities.
- Simple and lucid style of presentation
- Extensive coverage of topics related to photonics | optoelectronics
- Special emphasis on laser-based systems, metamaterials, optical switches, etc.
- Supplemented with elaborate illustrations, e.g. worked out problems,review questions, short answer questions and multiple choice questions with answers
- Problems for practice
- Glimpses at the end of each chapter to recapitulate the basics Appropriate for GATE, NET/SET, UGC–CSIR and other entrance and competitive examinations
|Publishers||CBS Publishers & Distributors|
|Author||Kakani, SL | Kakani, Shubhra|
|About the Author||
SL Kakani MSc (Physics), PhD is ex-Executive Director, Institute of Technology and Management (ITM), Bhilwara, Rajasthan. He is an internationally renowned physicist and has a distinguished career spanning over four decades of teaching, research and administration. He has written a large number of research papers in the field of superconductivity, condensed matter, nanomaterials, carbon nanotubes and materials science published in international journals of repute. He is author of several standard works. He served as chairman of research board and board of studies, Maharshi Dayanand Saraswati University, Ajmer, Rajasthan. He is a visiting professor at several prestigious institutions and received several prestigious national and international awards and honours for his outstanding academic achievements and contributions.