Salient features of the book
- It details the symptoms of a disease pertaining to systems, does the symptom analysis so as to pick up the specific system to which the symptom pertain.
- Examination (general, physical and systemic) concentrates on the detection of physical signs, and their interpretation, so as to narrow down the diagnostic possibilities.
- Diagnosis is made provisionally based on physical signs but is confirmed by diagnostic tests.
- The differential diagnosis is mostly made on the physical signs so to avoid unnecessary diagnostic tests.
- The book emphasizes the importance of physical signs in the diagnosis and differential diagnosis. Nowadays physicians/students rely more on the investigations than the physical signs, hence advise a large battery of tests which consume time as well as money.
- At the end of each unit, brief synopsis of various diseases pertaining to different systems is provided.
- The book is more or less complete as far as diagnostic symptoms and signs are concerned.
- It is written in a simple understandable language.
- The present day students do not want to learn medicine in detail but just aim to pass the examination; they are always in search of good books which can provide them ready-made material. The authors have written this book keeping such readers in view.
|Publishers||CBS Publishers & Distributors|
|Author||SN Chugh, Ashima|
|About the Author||
SN Chugh MD, MNAMS, FICP, FIACM, FICN, FISC, FIMSA is former Senior Professor of Medicine, Pt BD Sharma Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, and also Pro Vice-Chancellor, Pt BD Sharma University of Health Sciences, Rohtak, Haryana. Prof Chugh has a vast experience of more than 40 years in teaching the subject of medicine to medical and dental students, both at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. He has written 13 books in the field of medicine for medical students, nurses and paramedical personnel, and contributed a chapter in API Textbook of Medicine, 8/e.
Ashima MBBS (Gold Medalist), MD is ex-senior resident, GB Pant Hospital, New Delhi.