This is an ideal textbook/handbook on microbiology for undergraduate medical students, as well as a guide for the candidates preparing for postgraduate entrance examinations. Written in a bulleted/point-wise style, the book offers a simplistic approach to learning, memorizing and mastering the subject for attaining significant achievement. Prepared according to the MCI syllabus, it hosts a large number of key/salient features for the student with a clear approach to clinical microbiology. Two associated topics parasitology and entomology have been covered in detail.
Salient Features of the book:
- Minimum use of dictionary Simple and easy language.
- UG theory Total 109 chapters are presented as per modern trend of medical education.
- UG practicalAll practical aspects like staining exercise,serological tests,biochemical tests,laboratory animals,specimens,etc.are covered.
- Journal preparation Neat, coloured, microscopical and schematic pictures/diagrams with proper labelling are useful for preparation of journal.
- Parasitology and Entomology No need to buy separate book for parasitology and entomology.
- Recent advances Recent topics like swine flu,bird flu, CCHF, Zika virus, Ebola virus,dengue virus,chikungunya virus, Chandipura virus,Nipah virus,SARS-CoV,MERS-CoV,PCR,vaccines,etc.are covered.
- PG entrance and MCI level exam preparation Total 2065 MCQs (chapter-wise,system-wise and image-based) from different competitive exams like AI,AIIMS,PGI and state level are covered with answers and explanations.This unique way of presentation of every chapter helps in PG entrance and MCI level exam preparation from the time of UG,there is no need to buy a separate book for such competitive exams.
- Clinical microbiology Useful as laboratory manual for routine laboratory testing like Gram stain,ZN stain,Widal test,VDRL test,etc
- No text format and no wasting of time No any descriptive or text type writing, only point-wise presentation with maximum numbers of flow charts (including all parasitic life cycle), tables, bullets and numbering, which help in quick revision at the time of exam and to make the effective presentation in exam to score high.
- Colour codes All headings,subheadings and other details on particular point are available in specific colour forms,which minimise the use of colour marker or colour pen/pencil.
- Eye-catching words These are the “key-words”in every sentence highlighted by purple colour,which helps to refresh reader’s memory very quickly at the time of exam.
- Question bank Clinical cases,essays/full questions,short notes and short questions are available at the end of each chapter,so no need to solve the sample papers.
- Multi-subject approach Covering of topics which are common between microbiology and other subjects like pathology (ARF,Coomb’s test, phagocytosis,etc.),community medicine (communicable diseases,vaccines,etc.),ophthalmology (trachoma,etc.),ENT (otomycosis) and many more.
- Preview page Preview page is given before the starting of every system. It contains the common headings and subheadings of different topics,which makes the system easy to read,understand and remember,and useful to avoid mug up.
- Mnemonics Minimise the burden on the reader for the facts which are difficult to remember.
- Proper order: Orderly arrangement of all headings and subheadings reduces the labour-intensive work of students.
- No diversification of knowledge Deep knowledge on particular topic is available on single platform,there is no need to refer to many sources to collect the entire answer of any question.
- Standard and complete book All above contents are available in one book and makes it the standard and complete book for microbiology, parasitology and entomology.
- UG and pre-PG syllabi This is the only book prepared according to UG and pre-PG syllabi.
|Publishers||CBS Publishers & Distributors|
|Size||23×36/8 (trimmed 216mm×280mm)|
|About the Author||
Prakash Modi MBBS,MD (Microbiology) is currently Professor and Head, Department of Microbiology, PDU Government Medical College, Rajkot, Gujarat. He was Associate Professor,Department of Microbiology, Shri MP Shah Government Medical College,Jamnagar,Gujarat.He has been serving since 2004 as a medical teacher in microbiology. He published initially the book Vision of Bacteriology in 2014, which received tremendous response from the students and later he published Prakash's Notebook of Microbiology in 2015 which has become the most popular book among its readers.He has an active role in research work with publication of nine original research articles in different international and national journals.He was an editor of Journal of Research in Medical and Dental Science, 2013–2016.