Preparatory Manual of for Medical Laboratory Technology Students Pathology is the first book of its type meant for medical laboratory technology students, covering all theoretical and practical aspects related to pathology. It is written in a simple manner so that the student can grasp the subject and can recall it easily while writing exams. Wherever required, flowcharts, colour diagrams, and photomicrographs have been introduced in each section. Strict guidelines with respect to the course of professional exams are followed. Technical aspects in relation to laboratory medicine have been dealt with accurately. Covered in 84 chapters, the book provides concise information on each topic, especially from examination point of view.
HighlightsThe book covers:
- Hematology portion of laboratory medicine in detail, including practical and technical aspects of hematology laboratory, stains, bone marrow examination, and coagulation profile.
- Histological techniques portion of laboratory medicine in detail, including routine stains, special stains, tissue processing, and fixatives.
- Histopathology and cytopathology section of pathology in detail, including automation, specimen management, and electron microscopy
- Laboratory management portion in detail, including quality control, job analysis, record keeping, and inventories
- Clinical pathology portion of laboratory medicine in detail, including fluid, urine and semen analysis Transfusion medicine and immunohematology section of laboratory medicine in detail, including blood grouping, crossmatching, and plasmapheresis
|Publishers||CBS Publishers & Distributors|
|Author||Pruthi | Sarin | Singh|
|About the Author||
Sonam Kumar Pruthi MBBS, MD (Pathology) is currently Specialist, Department of Pathology, NDMC Medical College and Hindu Rao Hospital, Delhi. Namrata SarinAfter finishing his MBBS and MD Pathology from Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Karnataka, he served as a junior consultant at Department of Hematology, National Reference Lab, Dr Lal Path Lab, Rohini, New Delhi, following which he completed his senior residency from Dr Baba Saheb Ambedkar Hospital and Medical College, Rohini, New Delhi. He has to his credit research publications in national and international journals, as well as three books Comprehensive Review of Pathology, Preparatory Manual of Pathology for Undergraduate students andMy Pathology Notes for FMGE.
- Well written Review by Suny