This is the thoroughly revised, updated and enlarged edition of the popular text aimed at undergraduate medical students preparing for their qualifying examinations in surgery. New clinical pictures relating to specific lesions and diseases have been included. The book will help the reader in grasping the problems in surgery based on most questions asked in the professional and competitive examinations.
Short Cases in SURGERY Seventh Edition is a thoroughly revised, updated and enlarged edition of the popular text which aims to help the undergraduate medical students prepare for their qualifying examinations.It is written and presented in a lucid manner for readily grasping the problems of surgery—the problems which they have to tackle in their examinations as well as in the wider world outside the examination halls,i.e.in clinical practice.
Many new clinical pictures related to individual lesions/diseases have been included in this edition for better visual impression and understanding.
It is really gratifying for the author to find it running through many editions, which clearly indicates that the book has proved to be fully satisfying the needs of the students in the institution of medical learning.
Salient features of the book :
- Chapters have been reorganised.
- More clinical pictures are included.
- Most of the surgical problems which are very often posed as ‘Short Cases’in examinations have been adequately discussed.
- Each problem has been explained with arguments from all the three dimensions of medical knowledge—anatomy, physiology and pathology. Also the principles of surgical operations have been briefly laid down,wherever possible.
- Discussion, whenever necessary,has been amply illustrated with schematic diagrams to facilitate quick and easy understanding of the subjects.
- Precision is the hallmark of this book. While no necessary information or explanation has been left out,the subjects have been presented in a neat and pointed fashion.
- The book provides necessary aids for ready recapitulation of the important features of problems and their solutions.
|Publishers||CBS Publishers & Distributors|
|Size||28×40/16 (trimmed 173×240mm)|
|About the Author||
SK Bhattacharya MS (Cal.) FRCS (Edin.) is a senior consultant, laparoscopic surgeon and urologist practising in Kolkata. He served as demonstrator in anatomy, Calcutta National Medical College and Hospital, and as clinical tutor in urology,Department of Surgery,at the same medical college.He also worked as consultant surgeon at different district hospitals in West Bengal and retired as senior surgeon from Sambhunath Pandit Hospital, Kolkata. He has been a popular teacher during his career in the teaching profession. He keeps himself abreast of the new developments in the field of surgery.