- Unique compendium with an integrated approach of studying Anatomy and Physiology developed and updated strictly as per INC syllabus for BSc Nursing.
- Fundamentals of Anatomy and Physiology covered in concise yet comprehensive manner in simple and easy-to-understand language making it an essential asset for every Nursing student.
- ‘A picture is worth more than a thousand words.’ Hence, this edition incorporates 600+ four-color diagrams to make the learning and reading experience more engaging. All diagrams are easy to reproduce in the examinations.
- A new chapter, “Introduction to Chemistry of Life” has been added.
- Histology of important structures has been added as “Histology Plates” along with histological photomicrographs to provide a new dimension for an integrated learning.
- Clinical correlations and applied anatomical and physiological concepts have been separately highlighted as Clinical Aspects boxes to help the nursing students in understanding the correlations of basic sciences with clinical scenarios.
|Publishers||CBS Publishers & Distributors|
|Author||Indu Khurana / Arushi Khurana|
|About the Author||
Indu Khurana, MD, is presently Dean-cum-Principal, and Professor of Physiology, World College of Medical Sciences and Research, Jhajjar. Formerly she was Senior Professor and Head, Department of Physiology at Pt. BD Sharma Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences (PGIMS), and Dean Faculty of Pre-clinical Sciences, University of Health Sciences, (UHS), Rohtak. She is Founder President of Association of Physiologists of Haryana and possesses a rich teaching experience of about 38 years. She has published extensively in national and international journals with discovery of a new reflex, the 'Oculodepressor Reflex' (ODR) and three distinct patterns of Oculorespiratory reflex (ORR) to her credit. For her valuable contribution in the physiology of oculovisceral reflexes, she has been bestowed with excellence awards by American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) and Strabismological Society of India (SSI). She has also been honored with excellence Award by Association of Physiologists of Haryana for her exemplary contribution in the field of Physiology. She is an established author having published many successful books, mainly Textbook of Medical Physiology for Postgraduates, Medical Physiology for Undergraduate Students, Textbook of Anatomy and Physiology of Eye, Essentials of Medical Physiology, Textbook of Human Embryology, and Fundamentals of Anatomy and Physiology for Diploma Nursing. She has also contributed many chapters for Modern System of Ophthalmology, a postgraduate reference book.
Arushi Khurana, MD, is presently Fellow in Hematology-Oncology, Massey Cancer Center, Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU), Richmond, VA. Earlier, she has worked as Chief Medical Resident at Department of Internal Medicine, University of Connecticut, USA. She is a graduate from Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi, India, and has been a dedicated student of Physiology. During her Internal Medicine Residency Program, she has been honored with Harold N.Willard, MD, Award for Excellence in Ambulatory Care. She has presented many papers at International and National Conferences and has bagged 'Best Poster Award' for 'Quality Improvement Initiatives'. She has published scientific papers in journals of repute. She is author of the book Human Embryology and coauthor of Textbook of Medical Physiology, Textbook of Anatomy and Physiology for Nurses and Allied Health Sciences, Textbook of Anatomy and Physiology for Health Professionals and Fundamentals of Anatomy and Physiology for Nursing and Allied Health, Published by Oxford University Press, Malaysia. She has also contributed four chapters on physiological aspects in postgraduate level textbooks.