- The text is organized using a consistent approach across all the chapters. Each chapter starts with specific learning objectives and key terms that make the teaching-learning process further easier than ever.
- This book is a well-organized, informative and friendly companion for students and instructors in facilitating effective learning to enhance students walk over the desk smoothly.
- Extensive literature search aided to provide current information wherever (magnitude of the problem, morbidity, mortality rates, demographic trends, etc.) it is essential.
- Examples provided in relevant places to enhance students' understanding. Difficult concepts are presented in a simplified manner.
- Eye-catching illustrations are presented at appropriate places to relieve students from boredom of learning the monotonous text as well as understand the difficult concept with ease.
- Meaningful flow charts presented at appropriate places would help students' to revise the text and remember well.
- Important points highlighted in boxes will make the students feel as though a guide sitting by their side.
- Many chapters include a big description or a short paragraph on historical perspective that promotes students' ability to compare the present with the past.
- Each chapter ends up with summary for quick reading of the essence of the chapter.
- At the end of each chapter objective and subjective test questions are provided by sampling the entire chapter to enhance self-assessment at varied cognitive levels as well to prepare for examination.
|Publishers||CBS Publishers & Distributors|
|Author||Shyamala D Manivannan|
|About the Author||Shyamala D Manivannan RN, RM, MSc(N), PhD(N) is currently Professor and Director (Faculty of Nursing) at Dr MGR Educational and Research Institute Deemed University, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. Formerly, Principal MA Chidambaram College of Nursing, Chennai; Vice Dean, Academics: Kingdom of Saudi Arabia; Principal, Dr MGR Educational and Research Institute Deemed University, Chennai. She started her nursing career as a Military Nursing Officer from Command Hospital, Central Command, Lucknow in the year 1981. After that she pursued Postbasic BSc Nursing from College of Nursing [Christian Medical College & Hospital (CMCH), Vellore] and continued to work in the Department of Community Health Nursing as Tutor and Nurse Administrator for RUHSA. She pursued Masters in Community Health Nursing from CMCH Vellore. She received her Doctorate in Community Health Nursing from Dr MGR Medical University, Chennai, Tamil Nadu in the year 2007. She served as a Resource Person in National and International Workshops and Conferences, inland and abroad. She has the credit of various National and International publications.|