Salient Features of the BookThe book gives
- Real images for better understanding of the subject
- Staining procedures in detail along with special charts to explain principles of Gram and Z-N staining
- Illustrations and flowcharts at appropriate places to help the reader in understanding the concepts
- Virulence factors and updated pathogenicity
- Recent advances in diagnosis and vaccination
- Precisely written medical mycology and real images of fungi for easy identification
- Additional information on organisms with lists of organisms causing various syndromes | clinical presentation
- Special information regarding the drug of choice (DOC) and alternate drugs in tabular form
- Advanced and newer topics such as Ebola, H1N1, VRE, VRSA, XDR-TB, NDM
- Automation and newer methods of diagnosis
- Clinical studies
- Text in a logical format throughout the book
- Focused information, avoiding unnecessary details
- Properly explained procedures
- Recent tests including BACTEC, MALDI-TOF, PCR, DNA chips, explained in a simple manner with relevant photographs.
- Morphological features of all bacteria summarized in the appendix to help the reader in viva voce and solving MCQs.
- Biosafety, bioterrorism (included in appendix)
- Special smart arts for biochemical tests of gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria; differentiation of members of family Enterobacteriaceae, important in practicals, also included
- How to describe morphology of bacteria with examples as well as how to describe colony characteristics included with examples in the chapter of identification of bacteria; relevant real photographs provided making it easy to understand.
|Publishers||CBS Publishers & Distributors|
|About the Author||
Vasant Baradkar is currently Associate Professor, Department of Microbiology, Topiwala National Medical College and BYL Nair Hospital, Mumbai. He has been teaching undergraduate and postgraduate students for the last 16 years.
He has been given ECMM Award sponsored by European Confederation of Medical Mycologists for his research work. He has to his credit 50 papers published in national journals and 9 in international journals. He has reviewed many international journals as Mycoses, Mycopathologica, BMC Infectious Diseases and many national journals. He received prizes for best oral papers as well as best poster presentations. He has made many presentations at conferences. As a faculty he has contributed in CME programmes. His love for teaching is reflected by his association with students as a teacher