It is a comprehensive Textbook of Orthodontics for BDS students covering latest topics like magnets, lasers, implant, photography, computers and molar distalizer, in addition to all other regular topics. The book lays emphasis on covering current trends and innovations, radiography in orthodontics, and other related topics. It explains in detail cleft lip and palate elaborately.
Salient Features of this book
- Covers latest topics like - magnets, - lasers, - implants, - photography,- computers and - molar distalizer.
- Presentation is simple and lucid,at the same time emphasis is laid on covering the current trends and innovations for the benefit of the undergraduate students.
- Radiography in orthodontics is thoroughly presented, including latest information.
- Cleft lip and palate chapter is elaborately explained so that it is not only useful for the undergraduate students but also the private practitioners.
- Management of different malocclusions is self-explanatory.
- Laboratory procedures,materials related to orthodontics and instruments are given.
- Precise presentation of study model preparation
|Publishers||CBS Publishers & Distributors|
|Size||23×36/8 (trimmed 216mm×280mm)|
|About the Author||
K Vijayalakshmi MDS (ortho) was Professor and Head, Department of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, and Principal, Best Dental Science College, Madurai, Tamil Nadu. She did her graduation and postgraduation from Madras University, Chennai. She has completed 32 years of service.
She has to her credit 20 national and international level publications and presented several scientific and clinical papers at national and international conferences. She has conducted several courses like ‘tip-edge’, ‘surgical orthodontics’, ‘twin-block appliances’. She has published two books MCQ in Orthodontics and Removable Orthodontic Appliances, and the third Treatment of Orthodontic Problems in Preadolescent Children is in press. Her areas of interest include molar distalization,fixed functional appliances,magnets and implants.