- Each chapter is provided with learning objectives, short and long answer commonly asked questions and MCQs during examinations.
- The book has been written in a simple, easy-to-understand language and covers all the important aspects of child health in accordance with the syllabus recommended by the Nursing Council of India.
- The nursing process and effective communication as the key for successful nursing have been highlighted in detail.
- The attributes of a pediatric nurse, safe administration of medications, supportive care, nursing procedures, housekeeping routines and counseling have been discussed in detail.
- The core health issues like growth and development, breastfeeding, balanced nutrition, fluids and electrolytes, vaccine-preventable diseases and immunizations have been covered in detail.
- A large number of tables, diagrams, photographs, algorithms, flowcharts, practical tips and nursing alerts have been provided to improve the understanding and clarity of key messages.
- The community and social aspects of child health and national child welfare programs have been covered in detail.
- The book is likely to fulfill the felt needs of basic nursing students of general nursing and midwifery and graduate students of pediatric nursing.
|Publishers||CBS Publishers & Distributors|
|About the Author||
Meharban Singh is the former Professor and Head, Department of Pediatrics, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. He is one of the most eminent neonatologists and pediatricians of India. He has been conducting regular teaching sessions for students of general nursing and midwifery, graduate and postgraduate nursing students and provided in-service training to qualified nurses for over three decades. He has authored fifteen textbooks of Pediatrics and its superspecialities, which are eminently readable and extremely popular in India and South-East Asia region. He has served as a WHO consultant and MCH advisor to several developing countries and Director, Indira Gandhi Institute of Child Health, Kabul, Afghanistan. He is the past Secretary-General and President of National Neonatology Forum of India and President of the Indian Academy of Pediatrics. He has been conferred with several Lifetime Achievement Awards by various Academic Bodies.