Textbook on Power Electronics and Industrial Applications is designed to serve as a useful text for undergraduate and postgraduate courses in engineering, engineering services examination, GATE, IETE/AMIE and various other
competitive examinations. The book would also be a valuable reference for practising engineers, who are involved in the design and development of power electronics converters.
- Simple and cogent style of presentation
- In-depth details of modern power semiconductor devices such as power transistors, thyristors, TRIACs, GTOs, SITs, SITHs, MOSFETs, IGBTs, UJTs, PUTs, etc.
- Text has been supplemented with detailed illustrations, examples, exercises, MCQs, and review questions
- Extensive comparative analysis of power converters for design criteria
- Details about linear regulators and thyristor protection circuits
- Applications of controllers in speed control of DC and AC motor drives
- Detailed component specifications for circuit designs
- Uninterrupted power supply systems, and various types of resonant converters
- Emerging applications of microprocessors in industrial applications
|Publishers||CBS Publishers & Distributors|
|Author||Rai, Harish C|
|About the Author||
Harish C Rai PhD is former Professor, Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Chhotu Ram State College of Engineering (presently Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University of Science and Technology), Murthal, Haryana. He obtained his graduate and postgraduate degrees from Delhi College of Engineering, and PhD (Electrical Engineering) from Indian Institute of Technology, New Delhi. He has been awarded the prestigious Dr S Radhakrishnan Memorial National Teacher's Award 1997; Spardha Shree Award 1999, and Teachers' Excellence Award 2000. He has about 37 years of experience in administration including teaching undergraduate courses in the areas of electrical machines, control engineering, power electronics, power system, etc. He has presented several papers in international and national conferences. His current interest areas include electrical machines, control of electrical machines and biomedical electronics.